Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default editing and analysis of cells in multiple worksheets AND workbooks

My work currently has me creating workbooks with up to 12 worksheets in each
for every day of trade. I cannot find anywhere if it is possible edit
formulas AND analyse multiple worksheets in multiple workbooks whether they
are open or closed. Is this possible, as it currently takes me forever and a
day to open every workbook since the beginning of the Aussie financial year
(July 2006) and edit them and analyse one by one.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default editing and analysis of cells in multiple worksheets AND workb

All worksheets in all workbooks are the same. I need to do statistical
analysis of sales made against sales calls, size of sales, products sold etc
and the list goes on to about 30 different categories.

What happens is, I am constantly trying to asses all the information by
changing the way it assesses previous information by adding new formulas to
new cells in later workbooks and would like to update previous workbooks in
one large go without having to individually re-open every file and change or
add the new formulas by group copy and paste and then have it give me the new
results.

I was hoping that the 817 worksheets on 98 workbooks could all be done in
one go. These files have gathered to this amount since 1st of July and
increases daily. I am sure that Access Database could do this but have never
used it, as it has always been too hard to learn and don't have it on this
new PC. I have always used Excel and find it very easy to use but now I am
getting into some deep stuff with these analysis'.

Many thanks if you can help.