Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
CB CB is offline

Default Combination Stacked Bar with Single Bar Chart

Greeting Excel Pros,

I would like to create a stacked bar chart with a single bar. My
spreatsheet layout is below:

Col A Col B Col C.......ColU
Line #1 Sept 06 Oct 06......Nov 06.....Apr 08

2 Orig 10 5 15
20

3 ADD 1 Data Begins Feb 07

4 Mar Data Begins Mar 07

5 Add 2 Data Begins Feb 07

6 Jun Data Begins Jun 07

7 Add 3 Data Begins Feb 07

8 Aug Data Begins Aug 07

9 Add 4 Data Begins Feb 07

10 Target 20 20 15.....15

I would like my chart to display Row 3s data stacked on top of row 2s data,
row 5s data stacked on top of row 4s data, row 7s data stacked on top of row
6s data, row 9s data stacked on top of row 8s data and row 10s data as a
single column. I would like to display these by month.

Any help is appreciated.
CB

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

I can't make sense of your layout. What you can do is check out the links on
this page, and determine how you need to arrange your data to make the chart
possible.

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsH...sterStack.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"CB" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

On Wed, 29 Aug 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting,
Jon Peltier said:

"CB" wrote
I would like to create a stacked bar chart with a single bar. My
spreatsheet layout is below:

Col A Col B Col C
1 Sept 06 Oct 06 Nov 06
2 Orig 10 5 15
3 ADD 1 Data Begins Feb 07
4 Mar Data Begins Mar 07
5 Add 2 Data Begins Feb 07
6 Jun Data Begins Jun 07
7 Add 3 Data Begins Feb 07
8 Aug Data Begins Aug 07
9 Add 4 Data Begins Feb 07
10 Target 20 20 15

I can't make sense of your layout. What you can do is check out the links on
this page, and determine how you need to arrange your data to make the chart
possible.

I wonder if the poster is trying for a Gantt chart, and getting confused
about whether he wants to implement it as spreadsheet cells or as an
Excel Chart?

--
Del Cotter