Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tomszar

Default Change the appearance cell where Find criteria is found in a cell

When using Find function of Excel, in a worksheet with a lot of cells, it is
often difficult to see where the Find has pointed (which cell it has landed
on). A double line border displays in the found cell, but this is not always
obvious. Can we modify the Find result appearance to present a heavy colored
border, or flash, or anything to make a 'weed' stand out in a field of
'daisies'?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ScottO

One way to do it ...
I have Excel 2002 (I don't know what other versions have this
feature) - If you use Replace instead of Find, if you put the same
text into the 'Replace With' box as the 'Find What' box, you can also
set the Format associated with 'Replace With'. So you can designate
any sort of format you want ...
Rgds,
ScottO

"Tomszar" wrote in message
| When using Find function of Excel, in a worksheet with a lot of
cells, it is
| often difficult to see where the Find has pointed (which cell it
has landed
| on). A double line border displays in the found cell, but this is
not always
| obvious. Can we modify the Find result appearance to present a
heavy colored
| border, or flash, or anything to make a 'weed' stand out in a field
of
| 'daisies'?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tomszar

Default Change the appearance cell where Find criteria is found in a c

The Replace Function has Options but they are for setting the search
criteria, i.e. Color of Font, Type of Font, etc. It does nothing that I can
see to make the Found cells stand out. Thanks anayway.

"Tomszar" wrote in message
| When using Find function of Excel, in a worksheet with a lot of
cells, it is
| often difficult to see where the Find has pointed (which cell it
has landed
| on). A double line border displays in the found cell, but this is
not always
| obvious. Can we modify the Find result appearance to present a
heavy colored
| border, or flash, or anything to make a 'weed' stand out in a field
of
| 'daisies'?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

maybe....

you may want to try Chip Pearson's Rowliner:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/RowLiner.htm

--

Dave Peterson