Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Pivot tables deactivate

My office released 2003 excel files to numerous recipients. These files
contained pivot tables. The recipients worked within these files, sometimes
saving them as 2003 files, sometimes saving them as 2007 files and returned
them to my office via email. Upon return, some files no longer had
functioning pivot tables (the format and data remained but the pivot table
was no longer an active pivot table). I'd like to understand what the root
cause was to the pivot tables deactivating and what I could do to prevent it?