Laela

Default HOw do I set up Standard Error in a spreadsheet?

I need to set up standard error of mean in a spreadsheet that will be used on
a daily basis to calcuate figures. I could use the data analysis tool but I
would have to select each column of numbers and that would take a long time.
I am trying to work with the summation equation to enter it into the
spreadsheet in the most logical manner. Please help me.

Jason Morin

Since I haven't taken statistics in years, I had to look up the definition of
standard error. Apparently it's just the std. deviation divided by the square
root of the number of observations.

If your data were in column A, this would be written in Excel as:

=STDEV(A:A)/SQRT(COUNT(A:A))

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA