Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Shortcut to select column with data in previous column

I am adding a column to my worksheet. This new column will contain a formula
that references the previous columns. The worksheet contains 25,000+
records. I would like a keyboard shortcut that allows me to select all of
the cells in the new column at once, but will only go down as far as the
previous column that contains data. I thought I knew a shortcut for this at
one time, but if I did, it has slipped my mind. I also cannot find it on the
internet again.

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bj bj is offline

select the top cell in the new column
hold the shift key and use the mouse or arrow to move one cell to the left
continue holding the shift key press control and down arrow
contine holding the shift key use the mouse or arrow to move one cell to the
right
the cells just to the right of the ast column are now selected