Frustrated User of Excel today

Default Will not calculate average/median formulas;acts like no data in c.

Why won't Excel calculate formulas on this spreadhseet. It's acting like
there is no data in the cells. We are putting in =Average(B2:B286) and doing
this in each column from column B - P for average and median. Its' returning
#DIV/0! Three very good Excel people here have tried. Why is it not
calculating data? We noticed that when we typed the value back into one or
two cells in "B" that it calculated a median and average. So, why buy
software if I have to type in values from B - P from 2 - 286!!??? Why won't
Excel calculate this? What's the answer to get it to recognize the data that
is in fact there. The formulas are correct also!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Draeton

Frustrated User of Excel today wrote:
Why won't Excel calculate formulas on this spreadhseet. It's acting

like
there is no data in the cells. We are putting in =Average(B2:B286)

and doing
this in each column from column B - P for average and median. Its'

returning
#DIV/0! Three very good Excel people here have tried. Why is it not

calculating data? We noticed that when we typed the value back into

one or
two cells in "B" that it calculated a median and average. So, why

buy
software if I have to type in values from B - P from 2 - 286!!??? Why

won't
Excel calculate this? What's the answer to get it to recognize the

data that
is in fact there. The formulas are correct also!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Occassionally, the problem is that Excel has formatted the input data
as text. Copy a zero (0) value to the clipboard, then select your
numeric data and paste special as values with Operation:Add. This
should convert text to numeric data and allow Excel to calculate your
formulas.

--Draeton.

Hayeso

My Guess is that the data in B2:P286 is string data, not numeric.

You will get around this by putting the following in B300
=B2
The drag this formula to P584
Now select B300:B584 and select Edit...Copy
select B2 and select Edit...Paste Special...Values

Finally Clear B300:B584