dwsmha

Default How do I protect sheet, but allow "group" function to work

Hello, I have a spreadsheet with multiple sheets, and want to prevent
people from seeing my formulas by protected the sheets. However, I have
data "grouped." If I protect the sheet, people can't click on the "+" to
expand groupings. How do I accomplish both?
David

--
dwsmha
dwsmha's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26764

Dave Peterson

If you already have the outlining applied, you can protect the worksheet in code
(auto_open/workbook_open??).

Option Explicit
Sub auto_open()
With Worksheets("sheet1")
.Protect Password:="hi", userinterfaceonly:=True
.EnableOutlining = True
End With
End Sub

It needs to be reset each time you open the workbook. (excel doesn't remember
it after closing the workbook.)