Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How convert Numeric number in words

Is there any easy formula or way to convert numeric values in words? For
example in cell A1 there is an amount 19549. How could it will be
automaticaly converted by a formula in cell B1 as Ninteen thousand five
hundred and forty-nine.
Please give me an easy answer because i am not a programmer but just an
excel user.
Imran Murtaza
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

There is no direct function to convert this. For a VBA solution check out the
below links

http://www.ozgrid.com/VBA/ValueToWords.htm
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/213360

Jacob

"Imran Murtaza" wrote:

Is there any easy formula or way to convert numeric values in words? For
example in cell A1 there is an amount 19549. How could it will be
automaticaly converted by a formula in cell B1 as Ninteen thousand five
hundred and forty-nine.
Please give me an easy answer because i am not a programmer but just an
excel user.
Imran Murtaza

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

You might consider installing the excellent addin MOREFUNC

You can get it by Googling but here's as good a place as any

http://download.cnet.com/Morefunc/30...-10423159.html

When installed you get a library of functions including

=NBTEXT(A1)

Which converts numbers to words
--
Mike