BTaylor

Default Excel should let me circle a cell or number in the spreadsheet fo.

Excel should let me circle a cell or number in a cell in the spreadsheet for
display purposes.

Most of the time if you highlight a cell or number in a cell and you print
the spreadsheet on a black and white printer it becomes indiscreet or blends
in with the rest of the numbers.

Allowing one to be able to circle would make it appear more user friendly on
the printout and provide more options.
JulieD

Hi

if this is a question then one option would be to use the oval icon on the
drawing toolbar to draw an oval around a cell - alternatively, you could
look at applying data / validation to the cell after the entry of data, and
then using the tools / formula auditing / show auditing toolbar - circle
invalid data option.

Cheers
julieD

"BTaylor" wrote in message
Excel should let me circle a cell or number in a cell in the spreadsheet
for
display purposes.

Most of the time if you highlight a cell or number in a cell and you print
the spreadsheet on a black and white printer it becomes indiscreet or
blends
in with the rest of the numbers.

Allowing one to be able to circle would make it appear more user friendly
on
the printout and provide more options.

Don Guillett

try this. It makes an oval so you can manipulate the cell ht & width
Sub docircle()
With ActiveCell
With ActiveSheet.Shapes.AddShape( _
msoShapeOval, .Left, .Top, .Width, .Height)
.Fill.Visible = msoFalse
.Line.Weight = 1
.Line.Visible = msoTrue
End With