Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
wrdennig

Default How to paste data into multiple cells in Excel

I have data on the clipboard which I want to paste into multiple cells in a
column that is selected. When I Ctrl+V, it only pastes into the first cell.
How can I get it to paste into all the cells that I have selected?

Thanks . . . Walt
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
ufo_pilot

click on the cell right-click select Paste Special Text
should break it up for you...

"wrdennig" wrote:

I have data on the clipboard which I want to paste into multiple cells in a
column that is selected. When I Ctrl+V, it only pastes into the first cell.
How can I get it to paste into all the cells that I have selected?

Thanks . . . Walt

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
wrdennig

WHen I do that, the wizard sez the data on the clipboard is not the same size
and shape as the cells selected. If I click OK, it just pastes into the
first selected cell.

More help, please . . . TIA

"wrdennig" wrote:

I have data on the clipboard which I want to paste into multiple cells in a
column that is selected. When I Ctrl+V, it only pastes into the first cell.
How can I get it to paste into all the cells that I have selected?

Thanks . . . Walt

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
rajkohli

I was trying to do this but no success. But I notice when thing that can be
useful for you. When you copy data within from excel then you can paste into
multiple cells without any problem.

So, you can use a trick, see if it works.

Paste Clipboard data into Excel in a cell then copy that cell and paste it
into multiple cells.

Let us know, if the information was in any use.