Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Cell only shows formula entered

Excel 2003 - I am entering a formula into a cell. When I click the enter key
the cell only shows the formula, not the results. This has happened before
and not sure what fixed it, but sometimes it does this and the next time the
formula will work. I am trying to do a vlookup. But instead the cell just
shows: =VLOOKUP(C:C,Sheet3!A:C,3,false). It won't display the result of the
formula. I have shows formulas in the tools-option menu unchecked.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Another thing to try:
Try formatting the cell as General (or anything but Text)
then with that cell still selected
F2 then enter

--

Dave Peterson