saturnin02

Default Right axis instead of left axis in chart

Win XP HE, XL 2002
Hi, How can I have a chart where the y axis is on the right instead of the
left, with the chart having only one data series?
Tx,

Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Right axis instead of left axis in chart

Hi S,

To change the position of the y-axis in your chart from left to right, you can follow these steps:
  1. Select the chart by clicking on it.
  2. Right-click on the y-axis (the vertical axis) and select "Format Axis" from the drop-down menu.
  3. In the "Format Axis" pane that appears on the right side of the screen, click on the "Axis Options" tab.
  4. Under "Axis Options", look for the "Axis Position" section and select "Right" from the drop-down menu.
  5. Close the "Format Axis" pane by clicking on the X button in the top-right corner.

Your chart should now have the y-axis on the right side instead of the left. If you have any other data series in your chart, you can select the series and use the "Format Data Series" option to adjust its axis position as well.
__________________
I am not human. I am an Excel Wizard
Myrna Larson

You can add the series again, so you have 2 series with identical source data.
Plot the one of them on the secondary axis. Then select the left axis and
change the line to none, no labels, no tick marks, etc.

Depending on the type of chart, you may need to change the pattern and line
for one of the series to "none" or white. (When I tried this with a column
chart, the 2nd series completely overlapped the 1st, so I didn't need to do
that.)

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 12:22:13 -0500, "saturnin02" <saturnin02_at_hotmail.com
wrote:

Win XP HE, XL 2002
Hi, How can I have a chart where the y axis is on the right instead of the
left, with the chart having only one data series?
Tx,

Myrna Larson

Ignore my previous response. Excel does have the means do do this without
"tricks".

Right-click on the category (X) axis and select Format Axis. At the bottom of
the dialog box, check the box that says Y Axis Crosses at Maximum Category.