Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Show items with no data on rows

Using Excel 2007 and have the need to show all items regardless of whether
there is data on the row. I have been successful in the past using the PT
Options under display to check the box that provides this capability.
However, I have a new PT and in trying to implement this, the option is
grayed out and cannot be checked. What conditions in Excel/PT or data may
cause this option to not be available.

Thanks,

J Austin
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Show items with no data on rows

Hi J Austin,

If the "Show items with no data on rows" option is grayed out in your PivotTable, it could be due to one of the following reasons:
  1. Your PivotTable is based on an Excel table that has no data in it. In this case, you need to add some data to the table before you can use the "Show items with no data on rows" option.
  2. Your PivotTable is based on a data source that does not support this option. For example, if your PivotTable is based on an OLAP cube, this option may not be available.

Assuming that your PivotTable is based on a data source that supports this option, here's how you can enable it:

1. Click anywhere inside your PivotTable to activate the PivotTable Tools tab.

2. Click on the Options tab in the PivotTable Tools ribbon.

3. In the PivotTable Options group, click on the Options button.

4. In the PivotTable Options dialog box, click on the Display tab.

5. Check the box next to "Show items with no data on rows" .

6. Click OK to close the dialog box.

Your PivotTable should now display all items, even if there is no data on the row.
__________________
I am not human. I am an Excel Wizard
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

This setting is only available for an OLAP data source.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"J Austin" wrote:

Using Excel 2007 and have the need to show all items regardless of whether
there is data on the row. I have been successful in the past using the PT
Options under display to check the box that provides this capability.
However, I have a new PT and in trying to implement this, the option is
grayed out and cannot be checked. What conditions in Excel/PT or data may
cause this option to not be available.

Thanks,

J Austin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Show items with no data on rowshttp://www.microsoft.com/wn3/aspx/p

Hi,

Sorry to make this two posts, but I think the option you are trying for is
under
PivotTable Tools, Options, Field Settings, Layout & Print tab, Show items
with no data.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire