Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default dynamic ranges in excel 2007

i had some dynamic ranges working for charts in excel 2003 - now I have
'upgraded' to 2007 and the dynamic range for charts don't work. (they work
when in compatibility mode, but not when save as new 2007 xls).

Any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

How are you defining the ranges?

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"onzilla" wrote in message
i had some dynamic ranges working for charts in excel 2003 - now I have
'upgraded' to 2007 and the dynamic range for charts don't work. (they
work
when in compatibility mode, but not when save as new 2007 xls).

Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Range 'Refers To'

=OFFSET($A$1,0,0,COUNT($A:$A),1)

the purpose of this, of course, would be that you can run that graph and
have the range work automatically for different sized data sets.. without
having to mannually re edit the range.

Jono

"onzilla" wrote in message
i had some dynamic ranges working for charts in excel 2003 - now I have
'upgraded' to 2007 and the dynamic range for charts don't work. (they
work
when in compatibility mode, but not when save as new 2007 xls).

Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

If your purpose is ALWAYS to chart ALL the data in the range, then:
Make the range an Excel Table.
The chart automatically changes as the table increases or contracts.

I'll let Jon solve the OFFSET issue

best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"onzilla" wrote in message
i had some dynamic ranges working for charts in excel 2003 - now I have
'upgraded' to 2007 and the dynamic range for charts don't work. (they
work
when in compatibility mode, but not when save as new 2007 xls).

Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

I can't reproduce your issue. I entered your exact formula as the refers-to
formula for a range, then used the range in the series formula, and the
series became dynamic, as expected.

- Jon
-------

"onzilla" wrote in message
i had some dynamic ranges working for charts in excel 2003 - now I have
'upgraded' to 2007 and the dynamic range for charts don't work. (they
work
when in compatibility mode, but not when save as new 2007 xls).

Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Jon,

I am sorry to trouble you with this.. I figured out I was doing something
else wrong. It is complex worksheet.

How much do you charge for consulting per hour?