Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ian Ian is offline

Default Sometimes I can't see or edit comments in xcel cells. Why?

Sometimes when I go to read or edit the comment in a specific cell, the edit
box shows up flat and uneditable. I'm not sure why.

Ian
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Need some clarification, what do you mean by flat? Comments are always flat
unless I've played games with them.

You can't see them - does that mean that the red triangles are not visible
or that when you hover over the cells with red triangles you don't get a
comment?

A few points:
- You won't see the red triangles if Tools, Options, View, and the Comments
option None is on.
- You won't be able to edit a comment if the sheet is protected unless you
have enabled Edit Objects, or specifically turned off the Locked property of
the comment.

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire