Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Kays Excel Question

Default Can you do an IF function whether a cell has a fill color of Rose

I want to get a 1 returned when I quere a cell if the fill color is Rose
(colorindex=38). Do you use the IF function or is there another way to do
it? What is the IF function syntax?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html

--

HTH

RP

"Kays Excel Question" <Kays Excel wrote
in message ...
I want to get a 1 returned when I quere a cell if the fill color is Rose
(colorindex=38). Do you use the IF function or is there another way to do
it? What is the IF function syntax?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Otto Moehrbach

Yes, you would use an IF function but one in VBA. And the result can be
anything you want in any cell you want. But if you could provide a bit more
information about what you have and what you want to have, perhaps there are
other, better, ways to get what you want. For instance, where did the Rose
color come from, or how did it get there? HTH Otto
"Kays Excel Question" <Kays Excel wrote
in message ...
I want to get a 1 returned when I quere a cell if the fill color is Rose
(colorindex=38). Do you use the IF function or is there another way to do
it? What is the IF function syntax?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gary''s Student

Enter this small UDF: