Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default pre-fill cell by typing first few letters of a list

I have created a list and have set the cell validation to pick from the list.
I want to be able to just type in the first letter and have the cell pre-fill
with the first item in the list matching the typed letter and keep pulling if
I hit the same letter again. (i.e.-My list contains Cat, Corn, and Cupid.
When I am on a cell with the validation set I type a C and it automatically
fills in Cat, if I hit C again it goes to Corn, again and it goes to Cupid.
It would then wrap around to Cat again if I continued to hit C)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Not exactly what you've asked for, but very close:
Instead of jumping from Cat to Corn to Cupid, it will auto-fill based on
what you type:
Ca - will come up with Cat
Co - would go to Corn
Cu - gets you to Cupid.

Debra has some good routines for doing this type of thing, and others
'tricks' with lists.