gyrkin

Default How do I convert a number of minutes into hours and minutes?

I need to convert a number stated in minutes into a format that reflects
Hours and minutes.
As an example: 722 minutes = 12 hrs 2 mins
Chip Pearson

Use a formula like

=A1/24/60

and format the cell for Time.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"gyrkin" wrote in message
I need to convert a number stated in minutes into a format that
reflects
Hours and minutes.
As an example: 722 minutes = 12 hrs 2 mins

Biff

Hi!

Divide by 1440 and format the cell as [h]:mm

A1 = 722
B1 = =A1/1440
Format B1 as [h]:mm

To do it in place:

Enter 1440 in an empty cell
Copy that cell
Select A1
Paste SpecialDivideOK
Format as [h]:mm

Biff

"gyrkin" wrote in message
I need to convert a number stated in minutes into a format that reflects
Hours and minutes.
As an example: 722 minutes = 12 hrs 2 mins

Dnereb

Tell you a secret
The date/time is stored in a double.
1 day = 1