Drsally

Default Autocomplete function

Help! I use excel to enter patients and type of procedure (consultation,
xray, capd, etc). I like it when the autocomplete function works to
automatically type the word just above, but if I leave a cell empty,
the next cell won't autocomplete. What can I do to make autocomplete
work even if there are empty cells above after other entries in the
same column? I hope someone can understand my explanation and help
me!

--
Drsally
Drsally's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24097

swatsp0p

You have two options, as I see it. The way Autocomplete (AC) works, if
you have data in an adjoining column, AC will work the entire length of
the blank column. Therefore, you could insert a column next to your AC
column and fill will dummy data (enter 'a' and copy down). You can
then Hide the dummy column if you want.

Option two is to enter a space in your empty cells. They will still
look empty, but will allow the AC to continue to work as you go down
the column.

Does one of these work for you?

--
swatsp0p

swatsp0p's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=15101
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=377046

Date & Time mully New Users to Excel 4 May 23rd 05 11:56 AM
Automatically up date time in a cell Mark Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 5 May 12th 05 12:26 AM
clock Wildman Excel Worksheet Functions 2 April 26th 05 10:31 AM
Need a ISWorkday Function -- Any Ideas Mark Excel Worksheet Functions 5 March 29th 05 01:58 AM
Conversion SVC Excel Worksheet Functions 9 February 28th 05 03:29 PM