Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Hide Drop Down Arrows in Table Headers

I'm using Excel 2007. I select a range and define it as a table. Excel puts
drop down arrows on the column headers.

Is there any way to hide the drop downs, and still keep the range as a table?

Steve
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Steve

As far as I am aware, there is no setting for this.
The following code will switch the arrows off. Similar code with the
attribute set to True will switch them back on

Sub HideArrows()
Dim c As Range
Dim i As Integer
i = Cells(1, 1).End(xlToRight).Column
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
For Each c In Range(Cells(1, 1), Cells(1, i))
c.AutoFilter Field:=c.Column, visibledropdown:= False
Next
Application.ScreenUpdating = True

Regards
Roger Govier

"Steve Haack" wrote in message
I'm using Excel 2007. I select a range and define it as a table. Excel
puts
drop down arrows on the column headers.

Is there any way to hide the drop downs, and still keep the range as a
table?

Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

In 2003 I would go to ToolsOptionsViewObjectsHide All

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 8 Sep 2008 07:31:01 -0700, Steve Haack
wrote:

I'm using Excel 2007. I select a range and define it as a table. Excel puts
drop down arrows on the column headers.

Is there any way to hide the drop downs, and still keep the range as a table?

Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Gord

Unfortunately in XL2007
Round Office buttonExcel optionsAdvanced
Display options for this WorkbookFor Objects show Nothing (Hide Objects)
does not prevent the filter buttons on Tables from being hidden.

--
Regards
Roger Govier

wrote:

I'm using Excel 2007. I select a range and define it as a table. Excel
puts
drop down arrows on the column headers.

Is there any way to hide the drop downs, and still keep the range as a
table?

Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks Roger.