Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Grd

Default need to work out bonuses

Hi,

I have a column of sales figures and I need to determine if they qualify for
a bonus. Sales figures over 300 qualify for a bonus of 10%. Is it possible
to do this? Is there a function?

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Sandra

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Elkar

Yes, let's say your sales are in Column A. In Column B, use this formula to
display the amount of the bonus:

=IF(A1300,A1*.1,0)

HTH,
Elkar

"Grd" wrote:

Hi,

I have a column of sales figures and I need to determine if they qualify for
a bonus. Sales figures over 300 qualify for a bonus of 10%. Is it possible
to do this? Is there a function?

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Sandra

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
kassie

If your sales figure is in say F3, then where you want to calculate the
bonus, enter
=IF(F3300,F3*.1,0) or replace the 0 with ""

"Grd" wrote:

Hi,

I have a column of sales figures and I need to determine if they qualify for
a bonus. Sales figures over 300 qualify for a bonus of 10%. Is it possible
to do this? Is there a function?

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Sandra

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
David Biddulph

"Sandy Mann" wrote in message

"Elkar" wrote in message

I have a column of sales figures and I need to determine if they qualify
for
a bonus. Sales figures over 300 qualify for a bonus of 10%. Is it
possible
to do this? Is there a function?

Yes, let's say your sales are in Column A. In Column B, use this formula
display the amount of the bonus:

=IF(A1300,A1*.1,0)

Or just

=(A1300)*0.1

All that will do, Sandy, is give an output of 0.1 if A1 is greater than 300.
I think Sandra may have wanted to work out the *amount* of the bonus.
If the bonus is 10% of the sales if the sales are over 300, then Elkar's
formula is right.
If the bonus is 10% of the amount by which the sales exceed 300, then use
=MAX(0,10%*(A1-300))
--
David Biddulph