Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Rounding Problem??

I am copying and pasting account numbers from one document in to excel. It is
automatically changing the last number to zero on almost all of these numbers.
Excel 2002. Format set to Number, Zero decimal points. I have looked in
the Function under Math & Trig for the rounding feature to see if that could
be my problem but I am not sure what to look for to determine if this is the
root of my problem. Any guidance would be appreciated!!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Not a rounding problem, Excel has 15 digits or precision so I assume
some of those accounts have 16 or more digits meaning that you need to
preformat as text and paste into the formula bar one account at the time.
You can also copy them to a text file, import the text file and in step 3
select
text under column data format

Peo Sjoblom