Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Charts - Gradient fill Plot Area in Excel 2007

I have just upgraded from Excel 2003 to Excel 2007. In 2003, I could apply a
gradient fill to the plot area of a chart by selecting my own colours. 2007
just seems to offer a number of preset colours. Does anyone know if it is
possible to apply your own clours to gradient fill in 2007?

Many thanks,

Geoff
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Microsoft removed this feature; maybe someone read Tufte's book?
However, Andy has given us a very useful macro to make patterns. Visit
http://www.andypope.info/charts/patternfills.htm
It is very easy to install and use.
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Geoff Budd" wrote in message
I have just upgraded from Excel 2003 to Excel 2007. In 2003, I could apply
gradient fill to the plot area of a chart by selecting my own colours.
2007
just seems to offer a number of preset colours. Does anyone know if it is
possible to apply your own clours to gradient fill in 2007?

Many thanks,

Geoff

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

If you are talking about gradient fills rather than the Pattern fills
Bernard mentions then you can use your own colours via the controls below
the Pre defined gradients.
You set the number of stops and the colour to use at each.

This is for smart art but the approach should be the same
http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/ex...365991033.aspx

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"Geoff Budd" wrote in message
I have just upgraded from Excel 2003 to Excel 2007. In 2003, I could apply
gradient fill to the plot area of a chart by selecting my own colours.
2007
just seems to offer a number of preset colours. Does anyone know if it is
possible to apply your own clours to gradient fill in 2007?

Many thanks,

Geoff

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

maybe someone read Tufte's book?

Sure they read it. Did they apply any of it?

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.