Ian Elliott

Default how do trace dependents for all cells at once?

Thanks for any help.
I want to trace all dependents in a worksheet at once-is that possible?
I have a large worksheet, and it would take a long time to go to cell by
cell to trace dependents.
Thanks.
CyberTaz

AFAIK you can only trace dependents for the Active Cell (or 1 cell at a
time). It may be time consuming, but just imagine how confusing it would be
to have possibly hundreds (maybe thousands) of arrows & rectangles suddenly
overlapping one another. IMHO, that would be even worse.

One thing that may expedite the task... Go to EditGoTo, click 'Special' &
choose Formulas (uncheck any boxes if appropriate). You can then click the
Trace Precedents button on the Formula Editing toolbar to still trace only
one cell at a time, but then you can just press Tab afterward to go directly
to the next cell to be traced.

HTH |:)

"Ian Elliott" wrote:

Thanks for any help.
I want to trace all dependents in a worksheet at once-is that possible?
I have a large worksheet, and it would take a long time to go to cell by
cell to trace dependents.
Thanks.

Jim Cone

Ian,

There is some code of mine here that might do what you want...

http://makeashorterlink.com/?L5F24173B

' Finds worksheet formulas on each sheet in the active workbook.
'Adds a new worksheet and lists all formulas found and their cell addresses,
' values, precedents and dependents.
' Formulas that have error values will also appear on the list.

Regards,
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Ian Elliott" wrote in message
Thanks for any help.
I want to trace all dependents in a worksheet at once-is that possible?
I have a large worksheet, and it would take a long time to go to cell by
cell to trace dependents.
Thanks.
Deeds

Jim,
I just ran across your code here and it works great! However, I need it
to show the dependents from the whole workbook not just the current sheet.
In otherwords is there something I can modify in your code to show in the
dependent column all of the dependents within the entire workbook? i.e. a
cell in another sheet that references a cell in the current sheet. Thanks in
advance!