Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default List of Contents by Criteria

Hello,

I would like to have a list of items that meet a certain criteria displayed
on a separate area of my spreadsheet.

To elaborate, if anyone in cells E6:E26="Qualified", then the contents of
Cells C6:C26 should be listed in C30:C50. And obviously if they are not
Qualified, they would not be listed in C30:C50.

Thanks for your help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

In C30, use something like:
=if(e6="qualified",c6,"")
and copy down

Regards,
Fred

"RoadKill" wrote in message
Hello,

I would like to have a list of items that meet a certain criteria
displayed
on a separate area of my spreadsheet.

To elaborate, if anyone in cells E6:E26="Qualified", then the contents of
Cells C6:C26 should be listed in C30:C50. And obviously if they are not
Qualified, they would not be listed in C30:C50.

Thanks for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

What I would like though is if the cell does not qualify, it should be left
out of the results instead of giving a blank cell.

Thanks

"Fred Smith" wrote:

In C30, use something like:
=if(e6="qualified",c6,"")
and copy down

Regards,
Fred

"RoadKill" wrote in message
Hello,

I would like to have a list of items that meet a certain criteria
displayed
on a separate area of my spreadsheet.

To elaborate, if anyone in cells E6:E26="Qualified", then the contents of
Cells C6:C26 should be listed in C30:C50. And obviously if they are not
Qualified, they would not be listed in C30:C50.

Thanks for your help.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You'll need to explain what you mean by "left out of the results" because
something has to be specified if the if statement is not true (or Excel
assumes FALSE which I'm sure you don't want).

Regards,
Fred

"RoadKill" wrote in message
What I would like though is if the cell does not qualify, it should be
left
out of the results instead of giving a blank cell.

Thanks

"Fred Smith" wrote:

In C30, use something like:
=if(e6="qualified",c6,"")