Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Help on adding values to a bar chart

Hello,
Here is my problem. I currently have a bar chart that has 8 X-axis
bars. I need to add 2 more to the X-axis. The labels for the x-axis
are based on cells within another spreadsheet, but are not consecutive
cells, they are spread apart. So when I go to add the two more cells,
I can only add one. When I click on the second cell to add it to the
list, all of the previous cells get unselected. I have even tried to
manually add these two values in. Is there a limit to how many values
can be on the X-axis? Please Help!!!

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

To select non-consecutive cells: select first cell, hold CTL key, select
second cell
But why not add the two data points one after the other - or do I not
understand the problem.
To add new data to a chart: copy data; click chart; used Edit |Paste
Special: new data.....
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello,
Here is my problem. I currently have a bar chart that has 8 X-axis
bars. I need to add 2 more to the X-axis. The labels for the x-axis
are based on cells within another spreadsheet, but are not consecutive
cells, they are spread apart. So when I go to add the two more cells,
I can only add one. When I click on the second cell to add it to the
list, all of the previous cells get unselected. I have even tried to
manually add these two values in. Is there a limit to how many values
can be on the X-axis? Please Help!!!

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

I am using the Ctrl key when selecting the cells. However, when I
click on the 10th cell, all of the previous cells get unselected. To
me, it looks like there is a maximum number of non-consecutive cells
that can be selected. I have noticed if I enter the labels manually
seperating them by "label1","label2".... all of the values get
displayed except the last two. This is really baffling me.

Also, I tried to create a totally new graph and the same thing is
happening.

Thanks.

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello,
Here is my problem. I currently have a bar chart that has 8 X-axis
bars. I need to add 2 more to the X-axis. The labels for the x-axis
are based on cells within another spreadsheet, but are not consecutive
cells, they are spread apart. So when I go to add the two more cells,
I can only add one. When I click on the second cell to add it to the
list, all of the previous cells get unselected. I have even tried to
manually add these two values in. Is there a limit to how many values
can be on the X-axis? Please Help!!!

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Having trouble 'seeing' this. Want to send (my private email) a sample file
with some notes?

--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme