swchee

Default Vertical to horizontal

Hi, I have this question which need helps :)

How do I arrange a single column of data into vertical arrangement ( or
vice versa)?
Can I do this just using a formula or do I hv to use a macro?

eg of source file: ( all in diff cells)
apple
orange
kiwi fruit
papaya
banana

expected output
apple | orange | kiwi fruit | papaya | banana

Thanks in advance.
Regards

--
swchee
swchee's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24279

anilsolipuram

if a1 to a5 has values

apple
orange
kiwi fruit
papaya
banana

select a1:a5 ,copy ,select b1,right click-paste special,select values
and transpose and click ok.

--
anilsolipuram
anilsolipuram's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=16271

CLR

Copy PasteSpecial Transpose........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"swchee" wrote in
message ...

Hi, I have this question which need helps :)

How do I arrange a single column of data into vertical arrangement ( or
vice versa)?
Can I do this just using a formula or do I hv to use a macro?

eg of source file: ( all in diff cells)
apple
orange
kiwi fruit
papaya
banana

expected output
apple | orange | kiwi fruit | papaya | banana

Thanks in advance.
Regards

--
swchee
swchee's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=380427

Anne Troy

Copy the cells. Move to where you want them pasted. Select the first cell
only. Hit Edit--Paste special--Transpose, OK.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"swchee" wrote in
message ...

Hi, I have this question which need helps :)

How do I arrange a single column of data into vertical arrangement ( or
vice versa)?
Can I do this just using a formula or do I hv to use a macro?

eg of source file: ( all in diff cells)
apple
orange
kiwi fruit
papaya
banana

expected output
apple | orange | kiwi fruit | papaya | banana

Thanks in advance.
Regards

--
swchee
swchee's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=380427

Norman Jones

Hi Swchee,

Select the column cells
Edit | Copy
Select a cell outside the range of the copied cells
Edit | PasteSpecial | select the 'Transpose' option

In identical fashion, cells in a row can be transposed to column entries.

---
Regards,
Norman

"swchee" wrote in
message ...

Hi, I have this question which need helps :)

How do I arrange a single column of data into vertical arrangement ( or
vice versa)?
Can I do this just using a formula or do I hv to use a macro?

eg of source file: ( all in diff cells)
apple
orange
kiwi fruit
papaya
banana

expected output
apple | orange | kiwi fruit | papaya | banana

Thanks in advance.
Regards

--
swchee
swchee's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=380427

swchee

Thanks for sharing...got it, i thought hv to use some macro or formula,
the transpose never come to my mind! :)

thanks again to all.