Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sean VandeWall

Default Can you keep text from one cell showing over the next cell?

Frequently I have a lengthy amount of text in a cell, and a blank cell next
to it. I would prefer it if the text did not continue over into the next
blank cell.

I know there is an option for Word Wrap, and this increases the size of the
row. Unfortunately this isn't an option I'd like to take. I also don't want
to shrink the text to fit the cell's column width.

So I'm curious if there is a way to have the text display within its own
cell, and any character that would exceed the cell's column width would hide,
instead of carrying over into the blank cell next to it.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR

Just type a "space" or any other character in the cell just to the right of
the cell containing your text.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Sean VandeWall" wrote:

Frequently I have a lengthy amount of text in a cell, and a blank cell next
to it. I would prefer it if the text did not continue over into the next
blank cell.

I know there is an option for Word Wrap, and this increases the size of the
row. Unfortunately this isn't an option I'd like to take. I also don't want
to shrink the text to fit the cell's column width.

So I'm curious if there is a way to have the text display within its own
cell, and any character that would exceed the cell's column width would hide,
instead of carrying over into the blank cell next to it.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bigwheel

A single space in the adjacent cell will suppress the text showing in it but
there may be another way €¦