CycloneGD

Default date shows 1/1/1900

i am using a modified excell sheet.
I enter a date in a cell (i.e.8/23/2005) but it shows up as 1/1/1900.
I have reformated the cell to a data format., but sit still doesn't take.
What is wrong???

Dave Peterson

Try tools|Options|transition tab.
Uncheck transition formula entry

Excel is behaving like Lotus 123 and seeing your entry as a division
(8 divided by 23 divided by 2005)

I'd uncheck all those Lotus options if I were you.

--

Dave Peterson
Duke Carey

On the Tools-Options menu, on the Transition tab, do you have Transition
Formula Entry checked? If so, Excel reads your entry as 8 divided by 23
divided by 2005, i.e., a very small number. When that small number is
formatted as a date, you get the first day of 1900