Ragdyer

Try this:

=IF(TODAY()=TODAY()-DAY(TODAY())-WEEKDAY(TODAY()-DAY(TODAY())-2)+11,Sheet1!A
1,"")

--
HTH,

RD

"noiseash" wrote in
message ...

I have problem with writing the formula that copy the content of one
sheet to another first Friday every month, some second Friday every
month, third, fourth....etc.

What I want is, eg, in cell "A1" of sheet2
if (today=first Friday, sheet1!A1,"")

i don't know how to let the system judge if today is a first Friday of
this month or not. I write a formula like this:

if(weekday(today())=5,sheet1!A1,"")
But this only works for every Friday, not for First/Second...Fridays

Any help will be appreciated. Thank you!

--
noiseash
noiseash's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=401020

noiseash

Default Find out first Friday every month

I have problem with writing the formula that copy the content of one
sheet to another first Friday every month, some second Friday every
month, third, fourth....etc.

What I want is, eg, in cell "A1" of sheet2
if (today=first Friday, sheet1!A1,"")

i don't know how to let the system judge if today is a first Friday of
this month or not. I write a formula like this:

if(weekday(today())=5,sheet1!A1,"")
But this only works for every Friday, not for First/Second...Fridays

Any help will be appreciated. Thank you!

--
noiseash
noiseash's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26629
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=401020

Bill Martin -- (Remove NOSPAM from address)

noiseash wrote:
I have problem with writing the formula that copy the content of one
sheet to another first Friday every month, some second Friday every
month, third, fourth....etc.

What I want is, eg, in cell "A1" of sheet2
if (today=first Friday, sheet1!A1,"")

i don't know how to let the system judge if today is a first Friday of
this month or not. I write a formula like this:

if(weekday(today())=5,sheet1!A1,"")
But this only works for every Friday, not for First/Second...Fridays

Any help will be appreciated. Thank you!

How about:

[ ] = =IF(AND(WEEKDAY(NOW())=1,DAY(NOW())<8),TRUE,FALSE)

Bill

noiseash

get a little bit confused for your replies!

I tried both fomulae but not working.

Did you get the wrong one or something?

Ragdyer Wrote:
Sorry ! ! !

Tested this formula and forgot to change the date back before posting.

RD

Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit
!

Bill Martin -- (Remove NOSPAM from address) wrote:
noiseash wrote:

I have problem with writing the formula that copy the content of one
sheet to another first Friday every month, some second Friday every
month, third, fourth....etc.

What I want is, eg, in cell "A1" of sheet2
if (today=first Friday, sheet1!A1,"")

i don't know how to let the system judge if today is a first Friday of
this month or not. I write a formula like this:

if(weekday(today())=5,sheet1!A1,"")
But this only works for every Friday, not for First/Second...Fridays

Any help will be appreciated. Thank you!

How about:

[ ] = =IF(AND(WEEKDAY(NOW())=1,DAY(NOW())<8),TRUE,FALSE)

Bill

-----------------

Actually, that checks for the first Sunday. As you've probably already
realized, it should be:

[ ] = IF(AND(WEEKDAY(NOW())=6,DAY(NOW())<8),TRUE,FALSE)

Bill
Ron Rosenfeld

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 21:35:50 -0500, noiseash
wrote:

I have problem with writing the formula that copy the content of one
sheet to another first Friday every month, some second Friday every
month, third, fourth....etc.

What I want is, eg, in cell "A1" of sheet2
if (today=first Friday, sheet1!A1,"")

i don't know how to let the system judge if today is a first Friday of
this month or not. I write a formula like this:

if(weekday(today())=5,sheet1!A1,"")
But this only works for every Friday, not for First/Second...Fridays

Any help will be appreciated. Thank you!

The formula to determine the first Friday of a month, with some date in that
month in A1, is:

=A1-DAY(A1)+8-WEEKDAY(A1-DAY(A1)+2)

So for your formula:

=IF(TODAY()=TODAY()-DAY(TODAY())+8-WEEKDAY(TODAY()-DAY(TODAY())+2),SHEET1!A1,"")

or, you could do it this way:

=IF(AND(DAY(TODAY())<=7,WEEKDAY(TODAY())=6),Sheet1 !A1,"")

--ron