Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Getting msg: File conversion in progress ...

I'm using MSO Professional 2003 / Excel 2003 SP3. Every time I open Excel,
either by double-clicking an existing spreadsheet or by accessing Excel
directly (to create a new spreadsheet), a small window opens displaying the
message: 'File conversion in progress ...'. I don't know where to begin
searching for this problem.

Thanks,
Mike
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I don't recall ever seeing a message like this.

If you open excel in safe mode:
close excel
windows start button|Run
type
excel /safe
then file|Open

do you get the same message?

If the problem doesn't go way, then ignore this message!

But if the problem goes away, are you ready to do some detective work to find
out the culprit?

Chip Pearson has some notes on how to diagnose startup errors:

And Jan Karel Pieterse has more notes:
http://www.jkp-ads.com/Articles/StartupProblems.asp

Essentially, you'll turn off all the addins/startup workbooks and then open
excel. And then turn on each addin (closing and reopening) one at a time to
find the culprit.

--

Dave Peterson