Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default entering formulas in Excel 2007

I recently switched from Excel 2003 to Excel 2007. I am trying to use a
vlookup formula, however in the cell where I placed the vlookup formula I can
only see the typed out formula and not the response. I am sure that the €śview
formula€ť button is off, and if I look the formula in the €śview function€ť
dialog box it shows the value that should be returned.
Does anyone have any ideas to what I am doing wrong?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Is this happening with one cell only or all cells where you have entered a
formula?

If this is happening with all cells then try pressing CTRL-~ once. This
toggles between showing the formula and its result.

"Charles" wrote:

I recently switched from Excel 2003 to Excel 2007. I am trying to use a
vlookup formula, however in the cell where I placed the vlookup formula I can
only see the typed out formula and not the response. I am sure that the €śview
formula€ť button is off, and if I look the formula in the €śview function€ť
dialog box it shows the value that should be returned.
Does anyone have any ideas to what I am doing wrong?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for your assistance on this, I was able to solve the problem, but I
still dont know why I was having problem. I was trying to enter the vlookup
function in column B when I was having the problem, on a fluke, I tried the
function in column N and it worked... pretty weird.

Again thank you very much for your help!!

"Sheeloo" wrote:

Can you send the file to me )?

"Charles" wrote:

I recently switched from Excel 2003 to Excel 2007. I am trying to use a
vlookup formula, however in the cell where I placed the vlookup formula I can
only see the typed out formula and not the response. I am sure that the €śview
formula€ť button is off, and if I look the formula in the €śview function€ť
dialog box it shows the value that should be returned.
Does anyone have any ideas to what I am doing wrong?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sounds like column B is formatted as text. Try formatting the column as
General, then re-enter the formula.

Regards,
Fred.

"Charles" wrote in message
Thanks for your assistance on this, I was able to solve the problem, but I
still dont know why I was having problem. I was trying to enter the
vlookup
function in column B when I was having the problem, on a fluke, I tried
the
function in column N and it worked... pretty weird.

Again thank you very much for your help!!

"Sheeloo" wrote:

Can you send the file to me )?