shaunl

Default how to calculate a date .. say 34 days from today

Hi all,
first time i have been here - so apols in advance if this is a basic
question. I have looked a few places for some help on this but to no
avail.

I would like to do this:
1. create a calculation that is a numbers of days in a cell. In this
case it is to calculate how many days a set amount of money will last.

2. I would then like a new cell to take that calculation from the cell
above and then forecast what date that would be.
So, if i have determined that i have 94 days left of operations with a
set amount of money in the bank, excel can automatically tell me what
date that will be from today's date, along the lines of:
=today's date + 94 days = forecast date.

I hope the above way was not too clumsy a way of explaining my point.
:)

cheers
shaunl

--
shaunl
shaunl's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25140

BenjieLop

<< Hi all,
first time i have been here - so apols in advance if this is a basic
question. I have looked a few places for some help on this but to no
avail.

I would like to do this:
1. create a calculation that is a numbers of days in a cell. In this
case it is to calculate how many days a set amount of money will last.

BASED ON THE ABOVE STATEMENT, I ASSUME THAT YOU ALREADY HAVE A FORMULA
FOR CALCULATING THE NUMBER OF \"DAYS A SET AMOUNT OF MONEY WILL LAST.\"
LET US ASSUME THAT THIS IS IN CELL A1

<< 2. I would then like a new cell to take that calculation from the
cell above and then forecast what date that would be.
So, if i have determined that i have 94 days left of operations with a
set amount of money in the bank, excel can automatically tell me what
date that will be from today's date, along the lines of:
=today's date + 94 days = forecast date.

In Cell B1, enter this formula

=TODAY() +A1

Hope this will help you.

Regards.

--
BenjieLop

BenjieLop's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=11019
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=386345

Anne Troy

Not at all, Shaun. This is a no-brainer.
A1 has your date
B1 has your number of days (94)
In C1, type:
=A1+B1
A1 and C1 must both be formatted as dates. If it doesn't appear to work for
you, select A1 and C1 and hit Format--Cells and choose Date, and choose one
of the date formats.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"shaunl" wrote in
message ...

[...]

Niek Otten

=TODAY()+A1

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

Microsoft MVP - Excel

[...]

shaunl

awesome!

thanks kindly guys. :)

Cheers
Shaun L

--
shaunl
shaunl's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25140
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=386345

BenjieLop

shaunl Wrote:
awesome!

thanks kindly guys. :)

Cheers
Shaun L

You are welcome ... thanks for the feedback.

Regards.