Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Conditional Formatting-Referencing adjacent cell

I want to format my spreadsheet so that when a cell has an "a" in it and is
colored red, the cell immediately to its right will also be colored red. Is
this possible through conditional formatting or VBA? Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

What makes the cell colored red? If it is conditional formatting for that
cell, you can just include that in the next cell as well.

B2: =AND(A10,A20) ... formatted as red
C2: =AND(A10,A20,B2="a") ... formatted as red
--
John C

"cougarflank" wrote:

I want to format my spreadsheet so that when a cell has an "a" in it and is
colored red, the cell immediately to its right will also be colored red. Is
this possible through conditional formatting or VBA? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I would like to make it so that I can just set the conditional format for the
whole spreadsheet. So when an "a" is entered into any cell, the cell next to
it automatically is colored red as well.

"cougarflank" wrote:

I want to format my spreadsheet so that when a cell has an "a" in it and is
colored red, the cell immediately to its right will also be colored red. Is
this possible through conditional formatting or VBA? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Do you have conditional formats already? If you have xl2003 or earlier
version, have you hit your limit of 3? Is there ANY other situation where
cell might get highlighted as something else (and should be)?

If not, select columns B thru whatever is the end of your data, the active
cell should be B1.
Condition 1 change to Formula is: =A1="a"
Condition 2 should be whatever your original criteria for highlighting a
cell red.

Hope this helps.
--
John C

"cougarflank" wrote:

I want to format my spreadsheet so that when a cell has an "a" in it and is
colored red, the cell immediately to its right will also be colored red. Is
this possible through conditional formatting or VBA? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Right click sheet tabview codecopy/paste this. Should do what is desired.

If UCase(Target) = "A" And Target.Interior.ColorIndex = 3 Then
Target.Offset(, 1).Interior.ColorIndex = 3
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

"cougarflank" wrote in message
I want to format my spreadsheet so that when a cell has an "a" in it and is
colored red, the cell immediately to its right will also be colored red.
Is
this possible through conditional formatting or VBA? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Select Columns B:M or wherever

FormatCFFormula is:

=OFFSET(B1,0, -1)="a"