Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default manual calculate

Hi,

Is there any way to force a workbook to stay in manual calculate mode upon
opening? I understand that the calculation mode is at the application level
and not the workbook level and the workbook will change to auto calculate if
another workbook is already open in auto calculate mode. Is there any way
around this?

Thanks,

Adam
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Put this macro in the workbook code area:

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Application.Calculation = xlManual

Gary''s Student - gsnu200778

"Adam" wrote:

Hi,

Is there any way to force a workbook to stay in manual calculate mode upon
opening? I understand that the calculation mode is at the application level
and not the workbook level and the workbook will change to auto calculate if
another workbook is already open in auto calculate mode. Is there any way
around this?

Thanks,

Adam

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This is going to sound like a stupid question, but what do you mean by the
"workbook code area?" I tried inserting the visual basic code you suggested
where all of my other macros are and it didn't work.

Thanks,

Adam

"Adam" wrote:

Hi,

Is there any way to force a workbook to stay in manual calculate mode upon
opening? I understand that the calculation mode is at the application level
and not the workbook level and the workbook will change to auto calculate if
another workbook is already open in auto calculate mode. Is there any way
around this?

Thanks,

Adam

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

For a particular workbook I would use Event code.

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
With Application
.Calculation = xlAutomatic
End With
End Sub

Right-click on the Excel Icon left of "File" and select "View Code".

Copy/paste the above into that Thisworkbook module.

Alt + q to return to the Excel window.

Save the workbook.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP