stumpy

Default Cell shows formula and not the result of the formula.

I have a very simple workbook, just names and address. In cell B2, I am
using the CONCATENATE formula as follows:
=CONCATENATE("Attn: ",E2)
The formula is what shows in the cell and not the result. In the little
popup window that you use to fill in the formula, it shows the results
correctly, just not in the cell??????
Niek Otten

Your cell was formatted as text before you entered the formula. Format as
General and re-enter the formula (F2, ENTER)

--

Kind Regards,

Niek Otten

Microsoft MVP - Excel

"stumpy" wrote in message
I have a very simple workbook, just names and address. In cell B2, I am
using the CONCATENATE formula as follows:
=CONCATENATE("Attn: ",E2)
The formula is what shows in the cell and not the result. In the little
popup window that you use to fill in the formula, it shows the results
correctly, just not in the cell??????

Jason Morin

1. Select B2.
2. Press <Ctrl<Shift<~.