Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Renz09

Default Current date formula based on month

I can't figure out how to create a formula to give me a number using the
current date based on the month and stop calculating. So lets say the
current date is May 04/06 and I want the cell to show the number 4,
then 5 when its May 05/06 and so on. Well I'm using a formula that
does that, which is =Day(Today()). However I need this formula to stop
calculating at the end of the month. So if its May 31/06, then the cell
should reflect 31. But once the date is June 01/06 then my number is
back to 1. I need it to only calculate based on the month I assign to
it. I've been playing with this for ever and can't figure it out.

--
Renz09
Renz09's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34069

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CaptainQuattro

You need to specify a minimum value in your formula as follows:

=day(min(today(),date(2006,5,31))

--
CaptainQuattro
CaptainQuattro's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32763

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
starguy

you should use both formulas in different cells.
like:

A1: =TODAY()
A2: =DAY(A1)

--