Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
diane

Default how can i make a measurment with and underscore under the second

I want to make an excel page with the quordinating number as measurements
with out using ' or " (example 1'0" to 1'6") but i want an underscore under
the number instead of " after it. can someone please tell me how to do this.
Or if its even possible.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
L. Howard Kittle

Hi Diane,

Try this. Enter first number, space, click the underscore icon, then enter
the second number, now hit Enter

HTH
Regards,
Howard

"diane" <diane @discussions.microsoft.com wrote in message
I want to make an excel page with the quordinating number as measurements
with out using ' or " (example 1'0" to 1'6") but i want an underscore
under
the number instead of " after it. can someone please tell me how to do
this.
Or if its even possible.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
paul

I thought a custom number would do it but I cant figure out how to deal with
the 12 base number system.If you use two cells for your number input say 1 in
a1 and 6 in b1 in c1 type =A1&"_"&B1 s in c1 you get 1_6.I couldnt figure how
to get an underscore UNDER the inches tho.In this way you can have 1_11 or
11_1
hth
--
paul
remove nospam for email addy!

"diane" wrote:

I want to make an excel page with the quordinating number as measurements
with out using ' or " (example 1'0" to 1'6") but i want an underscore under
the number instead of " after it. can someone please tell me how to do this.
Or if its even possible.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
paul

Default how can i make a measurment with and underscore under the seco

so did I,I looked in custom number formats to see how you could do the
underline but no joy,as well as the 12 number base problem.Your way will work
`Howard
but i will have to stick with a leading underscore