Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
treez

Default can I change data markers to numbers in a scatter chart?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Andy Pope

Hi,

Set the data markers to none and use data labels instead.
Set the Position of the data label to center.

If the number you want to display is not the x or y value then you can
link the data label to a cell which contains the value you require.

Try either of these free addin to make the linking of cells and data
labels easier.

Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler, http://appspro.com
John Walkenbach's Chart Tools, http://j-walk.com

Cheers