Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ana Ana is offline

Default Excel 2007 displays Locked by "another user", does not show User I

I have a workbook that is used by multiple users. When one user has the
sheet locked and someone else tries to open it they are only seeing that the
sheet is locked by "another user". I have checked the registry settings under
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\Common \UserInfo and within Excel
and Word Options and the user information is there and correct.

Is there anyway to get the User Information to show so that users know who
has the sheet open for editing?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It seems that Excel 2007 doesn't write the owning user's name in the
workbook, unlike earlier versions, so it's not available.

--
Jim
"Ana" wrote in message
|I have a workbook that is used by multiple users. When one user has the
| sheet locked and someone else tries to open it they are only seeing that
the
| sheet is locked by "another user". I have checked the registry settings
under
| HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\Common \UserInfo and within
Excel
| and Word Options and the user information is there and correct.
|
| Is there anyway to get the User Information to show so that users know who
| has the sheet open for editing?

Junior Member

I have a team of about 10 sharing an excel doc. All computers have been upgraded to Excel 2007. Nine of us get the "Another User" message, but one gets the actual username, so it must be possible, unless it is some kind of fluke or error. I would like to know the answer to this question too. If someone could please help.