Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JP Long

Default Links not updating in shared workbook

We use a shared workbook that's data is populated from approximately 20
different source files. Each tab in the shared workbook is representative of
the source file to which it is linked. The formulas are correct; we have
seen the data populate. However, getting the data to update is the problem
I'm running into...

In previous uses of this structure, source data populated the destination
file (shared workbook) in a small amount of time. If necessary,
EditLinksUpdate Links could be performed and all information would update.
I am not getting the same results this time.

At this point, my only options are to close the destination file completely
and reopen - selecting update data on the startup prompt...OR....
For some reason, only one tab in the shared workbook is allowing the
EditLinksUpdate Links operation to be performed. When completed, all
information is updated, but it requires selecting all source files in the
pop-up window.

What would cause automatic updating NOT to occur? And, why am I only able
to manually update the destination file while in one particular tab/worksheet
of the file?

HELP!!
--
J. Paul Long