Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jonathan Cooper

Default Worksheet Limit

I don't remember which MVP, but I read one of their sites/books that said
there wasn't a hard limit on the NUMBER of worksheets, rather it was limited
to the available memory of your computer.

"BillCPA" wrote:

Is there a limit to how many worksheets you can have in a workbook?

I have a workbook with a 'base' worksheet that I copy, then rename (for a
particular employee), and place certain data on. All this is done in a macro
- over and over - that I run once a month. I'm up to about 175 worksheets
required.

The macro worked fine today until there were about 12-15 employees left to
process, then gave me an error that it could not use the copy function. I
switched to the workbook, selected the 'base' worksheet, and tried creating a
copy under the 'Edit' option. It went through the process without giving an
error, but did not create the new worksheet. I was, however, able to
'Insert' a worksheet and manually do a 'select all' copy and paste of the
'base' to the inserted worksheet.

Any idea why the macro .Copy might have quit working?

--
Bill @ UAMS