Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Calculate birth date from age

I periodically have a situation where I know the ages of a list of people and
need to convert the ages into birthdates.

i.e. Age 43 - instead of manually calculating that this persons birthday is
approximately 1/1/1964, how do I enter a formula to change the age into a
birthdate?

Any assistance anyone can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

There are about 365 correct answers. If a person's age in in A1 and today is
her birthday, then:

=DATE(YEAR(TODAY())-A1,MONTH(TODAY()),DAY(TODAY()))

will give the date on which she was born.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200772

"JP6262AMY" wrote:

I periodically have a situation where I know the ages of a list of people and
need to convert the ages into birthdates.

i.e. Age 43 - instead of manually calculating that this persons birthday is
approximately 1/1/1964, how do I enter a formula to change the age into a
birthdate?

Any assistance anyone can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Dates are simply numbers. Excel's date range is Jan 1, 1900, day 1 through.
Dec 31, 9999, day 2,958,465. If the age is in A1 then you could use
=(TODAY()-A1*365.25) to get an approximation and format the answer as a
date. But be aware that you could be off by almost a whole year.

Tyro

"JP6262AMY" wrote in message
I periodically have a situation where I know the ages of a list of people
and
need to convert the ages into birthdates.

i.e. Age 43 - instead of manually calculating that this persons birthday
is
approximately 1/1/1964, how do I enter a formula to change the age into a
birthdate?

Any assistance anyone can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

JP6262AMY wrote:
I periodically have a situation where I know the ages of a list of people and
need to convert the ages into birthdates.

i.e. Age 43 - instead of manually calculating that this persons birthday is
approximately 1/1/1964, how do I enter a formula to change the age into a
birthdate?

Any assistance anyone can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Your current approach works well for horses, but not people <vbg
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Isn't the OP's suggestion a year wrong for horses? :-)
Isn't a horse born in 2004 considered a 4-year old from 1/1/2008? [The
experts at Cheltenham today could tell us.]
--
David Biddulph

JP6262AMY wrote:
I periodically have a situation where I know the ages of a list of people
and need to convert the ages into birthdates. i.e. Age 43 - instead of
manually calculating that this persons birthday is approximately
1/1/1964, how do I enter a formula to change the age into a birthdate?
Any assistance anyone can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Age Calculation in Excel

Here I want to find a person date of birth
His Age as on Date 1966, 06, 30 (YYYY,MM,DD) is 12 years 04 months and 29 days.

Cell value

D4=1966
E4=06
F4=30

D3=12
E3=04
F3=29

FX(FUNCTION)
=DATE(YEAR(DATE(D4,E4,F4))-D3,MONTH(DATE(D4,E4,F4))-E3,DAY(DATE(D4,E4,F4))-F3)
=DATE(YEAR(DATE(1966,6,30))-D3,MONTH(DATE(1966,6,30))-E3,DAY(DATE(1966,6,30))-F3)

RESULTS = 02/01/1954 (MM/DD/YYYY) I.E = 1ST FEBUARY 1954

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"JP6262AMY" wrote in message
I periodically have a situation where I know the ages of a list of people
and
need to convert the ages into birthdates.

i.e. Age 43 - instead of manually calculating that this persons birthday
is
approximately 1/1/1964, how do I enter a formula to change the age into a
birthdate?

Any assistance anyone can provide will be greatly appreciated.

hey use any android apps which is free.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....agecalculator

use this app which is free. You can calculate age with more information.