Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default enter data once... copy to multiple cells on other worksheets

I am working with a mutliple worksheets in an Excel workbook and I can't
change design. I want to enter data once in worksheet #1 without having to
enter identical data into cells on 12 other worksheets in the same workbook.
It's crunch time... I can't remember how to do this. HELP!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

No need to copy. Just link:

If data is entered in A1 on Sheet1 and on Sheet2:

=Sheet1!A1
--
Gary''s Student

"Larry G" wrote:

I am working with a mutliple worksheets in an Excel workbook and I can't
change design. I want to enter data once in worksheet #1 without having to
enter identical data into cells on 12 other worksheets in the same workbook.
It's crunch time... I can't remember how to do this. HELP!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

Hold down Ctrl and select all tabs you wish to replicate........then type in
one sheet and the same values will be inserted in all the selected
sheets........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Larry G" wrote:

I am working with a mutliple worksheets in an Excel workbook and I can't
change design. I want to enter data once in worksheet #1 without having to
enter identical data into cells on 12 other worksheets in the same workbook.
It's crunch time... I can't remember how to do this. HELP!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Select Sheet2 then SHIFT + Click on Sheet13.

In A1 of activesheet enter =Sheet1!A1

Select Sheet1 when done to ungroup the sheets.

I'm sure your needs are more complex, but these are the basics of "linking"
cells.