Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Is It Possible To Make A Cell Blink..

I AM LOOKING FOR A CODE OR FORMULA TO MAKE A WORKSHEET CELL BLINK O
REVERSE VIDEO IF A CERTAIN CONDITION IS FULFILLED. IN CONDITIONA
FORMATTING I COULD NOT FIND ANYTHING LIKE THIS. I AM WONDERING IF THI
COULD BE ACHIEVEABLE THROUGH VBA CODE.

REGARDS,

DARN

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Darno
yes it is possible but only with code. But I strongly recommend not to
do this :-)
- You can't do anything else while the cell blinks (as the macro runs
constantly)
- Blinking cells have nothing to do with spreadsheets ;-)

------
Dim Nexttime
Sub Flash()
NextTime = Now + TimeValue("00:00:01")
If ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").va lue = 1 then
With ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Fo nt
If .ColorIndex = 2 Then .ColorIndex = 3 Else .ColorIndex = 2
End With
end if
Application.OnTime NextTime, "Flash"
End Sub

Sub StopIt()
Application.OnTime NextTime, "Flash", schedule:=False
ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("Tabelle3").Range("A1"). Font.ColorIndex =
xlAutomatic
End Sub

-----

The first macro makes cell A1 blink every second if the value of A1 =
1. The second macro stops the blinking
P.S.: please turn off your Caps Lock in your posts - Makes it difficult
to read and all uper case is considered as shouting in NG

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

I AM LOOKING FOR A CODE OR FORMULA TO MAKE A WORKSHEET CELL BLINK OR
REVERSE VIDEO IF A CERTAIN CONDITION IS FULFILLED. IN CONDITIONAL
FORMATTING I COULD NOT FIND ANYTHING LIKE THIS. I AM WONDERING IF

THIS
COULD BE ACHIEVEABLE THROUGH VBA CODE.

REGARDS,

DARNO

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Darno!

This is one of those features that that we have not yet been blessed
with in any version of Excel.

But here is some code that is really nasty:

Dim n As Integer
Dim NextTime As Date
If Range("MyFlashCell").Value 7 Then
For n = 1 To 5
With Range("MyFlashCell").Font
If .ColorIndex = 2 Then .ColorIndex = 3 Else .ColorIndex = 2
End With
With Range("MyFlashCell").Interior
If .ColorIndex = 3 Then .ColorIndex = 2 Else .ColorIndex = 3
End With
Application.Wait Now + TimeValue("00:00:01")
Next
End If
With Range("MyFlashCell")
..Font.ColorIndex = 3
..Interior.ColorIndex = 2
End With
End Sub

It goes in the Sheet module, it sucks processing time and creates a
delay of 5 seconds on every recalculation if MyFlashCell exceeds the
value of 7.

Don't blame me if co-workers perform surgical operations on you
without anaesthetic.

--
Regards
Norman Harker MVP (Excel)

available free to good homes.
"darno " wrote in message
I AM LOOKING FOR A CODE OR FORMULA TO MAKE A WORKSHEET CELL BLINK OR
REVERSE VIDEO IF A CERTAIN CONDITION IS FULFILLED. IN CONDITIONAL
FORMATTING I COULD NOT FIND ANYTHING LIKE THIS. I AM WONDERING IF

THIS
COULD BE ACHIEVEABLE THROUGH VBA CODE.

REGARDS,

DARNO

---
Message posted from
http://www.ExcelForum.com/

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

=SUBSTITUTE("not yet been blessed with","blessed","cursed")

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 00/02/03

"darno " wrote in message
I AM LOOKING FOR A CODE OR FORMULA TO MAKE A WORKSHEET CELL BLINK OR
REVERSE VIDEO IF A CERTAIN CONDITION IS FULFILLED. IN CONDITIONAL
FORMATTING I COULD NOT FIND ANYTHING LIKE THIS. I AM WONDERING IF

THIS
COULD BE ACHIEVEABLE THROUGH VBA CODE.

REGARDS,

DARNO

---
Message posted from
http://www.ExcelForum.com/

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Norman
also quite beautiful <vbg
Hopefully MS never decides to implement blinking is a major feature
enhancement ;-)

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Norman Harker wrote:
[...]

THIS COULD BE ACHIEVEABLE THROUGH VBA CODE.

REGARDS,

DARNO

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks a lot to you both, for giving such a way out. Thanks again.

regards,

darn

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Ken!

I wish to deny the rumour that you're spreading that I got transported
to Australia for flashing.

Will this make you happier; he says knowing the answer. At least it
only flashes if there's a change to the offending cell.

If Intersect(Target, Me.Range("MyFlashCell")) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub

--------

--------

[...]

Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and

Arguments)