Tony

Default Data Validation

I have set a drop-down list up and would like a single selection to populate
several cells in a row from a table I have set up. Specifically the drop-down
list would offer short form product names. Once selected the choice would
fill in the long description and list price from the second worksheet table I
set up. This is a quote automating tool I am developing.
Thanks in advance.
JE McGimpsey

One way:

Assuming your table is named Table with the description in column 2 and
the price in column 3 of the table, and your dropdown is in column A:

B1: =IF(A1<"",VLOOKUP(A1,Table,2,FALSE)
C1: =IF(A1<"",VLOOKUP(A1,Table,3,FALSE)

In article ,
"Tony" wrote:

I have set a drop-down list up and would like a single selection to populate
several cells in a row from a table I have set up. Specifically the drop-down
list would offer short form product names. Once selected the choice would
fill in the long description and list price from the second worksheet table I
set up. This is a quote automating tool I am developing.
Thanks in advance.

Tony

I tried it and it didn't work. My table is on a second worksheet named
"Lifts" and has the drop-down values in Column A, long description Col B and
the price in Col C. I created a new column for the drop down in my
application and I can choose my selection. But it doesn't fill in the other
columns. Help if you can.
Tony