ClayMcQ

Default How to change the default font and size of "comments"?

David:

I hate to post just to say thank you, but I've been looking for an answer to
this question for ages. I wish it was in the Excel help info.

Thanks for the help!

"David McRitchie" wrote:

Cell Comments
Changing Font etc in cell comments (#font)
Excel uses the Tahoma font for new comment boxes, and you cannot change
that default. You can set the default interior color, the font color, and the fontsize
in the Control Panel (Display, Appearance, Tool Tip)"
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/ccomment.htm#font

You can run macros (also found in the above page) to change what you have.
---
HTH,

"TheN" wrote in message ...
Can anybody tell me how to change the default font and size of a "Comment"?

I can change the font and size of every comment separately but I can't find
a function to set a standard (default).

David McRitchie

Hi Clay,
You're welcome, and likewise, I try not reply within newsgroup itself when a
thank you or you're welcome is unambiguous. But with anonymous postings
an email thank you becomes impossible.

Anyway I do have something to add, and your reply reminded me to see if
I had included something, it was included in the first link just under the link I referenced.
But the fragment id in Firefox must exactly match the lettercase, not a problem
in Internet Explorer. Somewhat of nuisance for both existing code and for typing
in links without double checking their existence.
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/ccomment.htm#font
refers (or should have referred to) to a link with a fragment id of #BackupDisplay
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel...#BackupDisplay
so thank you for your response.
---
HTH,