Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default 3D charts and limit lines

Hi,

I have to make some 3D columnn charts, because my charts scale must me
between 0-300,000 and my values are somwhere between 10-50. I know it's
insame, but is a must. On 2D chart I can not see a thing, But in 3D is
somewhat acceptable.
Problem is that at level 260,000 and 300,000 I must trace a "warning" orange
line and an "alarm" red line. With bars in 2D I've managed to work it out
(thanks to you BTW) but with 3D collumns.....well, nope.
Can anyone help?
Thanks in advance
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

You can not create combination charts when you use 3d.
And you need the combination ability in order to add a limit lines.

Of course you could draw the lines with autoshapes.

Are you really plotting values between 10 and fifty on a scale between
zero and three hundred thousand?? Or is that comma your locales decimal
point.

Have you considered using a log scale?
http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgr...ale/index.html

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Autoshapes unfortunatelly work bad. Not for the precision, but it's a hard
work until it renders good with my printer and so on.....
yes, indeed that's the scale, unfortunatelly not a locale input, and in fact
my boss wants to show how minimal these values are for the authorities, that
is why the log scale is unconsidered.
Any other sugestions are welcome... Please...