rob

Default my system crashed & i had to reload xp, now I cant get my office .

I had to reinstall windows xp yesterday, now none of my office programs work.
They ask me to run setup, but I can't find the file on my hard drive. help
please

Rob
Lady Layla

Setup is on the MS Office Disk not on the HD or on Windows XP.

"rob" wrote in message
: I had to reinstall windows xp yesterday, now none of my office programs work.
: They ask me to run setup, but I can't find the file on my hard drive. help
: please
:
: Rob

ROBERT CONNOLLY

Thanks for that. I've carried out an install using the setup & things are
beginning to work, however I now get Microsoft Visual Basic dialogs saying
"compile error in hidden module: Autoexec, for word & excel so far.

Has anyone ideas on how to stop this annoyance.

Regards

Rob

"rob" wrote in message
: I had to reinstall windows xp yesterday, now none of my office programs work.
: They ask me to run setup, but I can't find the file on my hard drive. help
: please
:
: Rob

Gord Dibben

Rob

Re-install MS Office from your CD.

If Office was pre-installed by your retailer when you bought the computer, the
retailer may have placed the Office files and setup *.CAB files on your hard
drive.

Browse around for CAB folders and files.

In either case, a re-install of Windows will, in most cases, render all your
installed programs unavailable.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP